Pages

Apr 26, 2010

Trueschool Monday #13


"Always broke so I got this attitude
In my lab never fool my man, this is crazy rude
Gyros and pizza, be my lunch and dinner
I know that I'm a sinner, but God help me out nigga..."


Classic track from Brooklyn, New York based rapper Shyheim (born Shyheim Dionel Franklin) featuring June Luva and Pop Da Brown Hornet. Track is from his second studio album The Lost Generation, released 1996.
Already a skilled rapper in his younger years, Shyheim became the youngest Wu-Tang affiliate at the time!
After moving to Staten Island from Brooklyn as a child Shyheim spent time living with Wu-Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah in the Stapleton Houses. He became affiliated with the Wu-Tang Clan and released his first single "On and On" in 1993. Turning the focus on himself and the gritty ghetto surroundings, he rapped "to rap out the realness in the street." He gained fans and won accolades for his inspired Virgin Records debut album "AKA The Rugged Child."
He have shared the stage with legendary rappers, The Notorious B.I.G, Tupac Shakur and Big Daddy Kane at Madison Square Garden for a live freestyle session. His prestige also landed him an appearance on Big Daddy Kane’s “Show & Prove,” which featured Wu-Tang member Ol Dirty Bastard, Sauce Money, Scoob Lover and Grammy Award winning rap star, Jay-Z.

No comments: