Pages

Jul 25, 2011

Trueschool Monday #78


"I keep it realer than most I know your feelin it
Cristal on ice I like to toast I keep from spillin it
Bone crushers I keep real close I got the skill for this
On my back the fliest clothes lookin ill as shit
Transactions illegitimate cause life is still a bitch
And then you die but for now life close your eyes and feel this dick..."

"Feelin' It" is the fourth and final single from rapper Jay-Z's debut album Reasonable Doubt. The song features a chorus sung by Mecca and a beat produced by Ski. The song's beat contains a sample from "Pastures" by jazz musician Ahmad Jamal. The track was originally meant to be a Camp Lo song, but producer Ski gave it to Jay at the last minute. He describes the situation in an XXL Magazine article:

"It was me and Geechi Suede from Camp Lo, it was my hook and everything. Jay heard it and was like, "I want that record. I don’t care what you do, I want that record." I didn’t want to give it to him, but I had to because I knew he was going to be the man at the time. So I said, "Fuck it, take the record." It really was me and Suede from Camp Lo, the flow and everything, the way he was flowing on it. That’s the way we was flowing on it. So he just took the whole thing. But you know, he killed it in his own way."

No comments: