Pages

Feb 12, 2012

Trueschool Monday #107


"So how's that from the mind of a Thug Nigga
Bought a fo'-five cause I heard that the slug's bigger
Figure the first motherfucker to jump'll find hisself
gettin swept off his feet by the pump
I put that on my moms, word to the motherfuckin trigger
Before I go broke I'll be a drug dealer, a Thug Nigga..."


R U Still Down? (Remember Me) is the second posthumous album by 2Pac, released in 1997. Although it is the second album release after his death, it is the first to be finished without the creative input of 2Pac. Having left a large body of work behind, this was the first release from his mother's new imprint Amaru Entertainment, set up to control his posthumous releases.
It spawned two hit singles, "Do for Love" and "I Wonder If Heaven Got a Ghetto", the former of which ("Do for Love") has been certified Gold by the RIAA. The album eventually reached multi-platinum status, a trend that some of his subsequent posthumous albums would follow. The album opened up with 549,000 copies on the first week

No comments: