Pages

Jun 13, 2011

Trueschool Monday #72


"I bang a stranger in my torture chamber, feed the locas tocha pinga
while I force my finger where my bollas linger
I bring the pain like Method, when I flex and flip the coochie
Puerto Rican to the core, but no Boriquas eat the pussy
'Scuse me for bein blunt, but I've been eatin cunts
since pimps was pushin pink Caddies with the fish tank pumps
..."

Christopher Lee Rios (November 10, 1971 – February 7, 2000), better known by his stage name Big Pun (short for Big Punisher), was a Puerto Rican rapper who emerged from the underground rap scene in The Bronx in the late 1990s. He first appeared on albums from The Beatnuts, on the track "Off the Books" in 1997, and on Fat Joe's second album Jealous One's Envy in 1995, on the track "Watch Out", prior to signing to Loud Records as a solo artist. Pun's lyrics are notable for technical efficiency, having minimal pauses to take a breath, and heavy use of internal and multi-syllabic rhyming schemes. Big Pun died of a heart attack at age 28.

No comments: