Pages

Jan 2, 2012

Trueschool Monday #101


"You wanna sip Mo' on my living room flo'
Play Nintendo with Cease a Leo
Pick up my phone say "Poppa not home"
Sex all night mad head in the morn'
Spin my V, smoke all my weed
Tattoo on tit-tie sayin B-I-G, now check it..."


"Get Money" was the third and final single released from the Junior M.A.F.I.A.'s debut album, Conspiracy. The original version, which sampled Sylvia Striplin's "You Can't Turn Me Away", was produced by EZ Elpee with verses done by The Notorious B.I.G. and Lil' Kim. The official remix entitled "Gettin' Money (The Get Money Remix)" was produced by DJ Enuff, Lance 'Un' Rivera and The Notorious B.I.G. This version used a different instrumental, sampling Dennis Edwards' 1984 track, "Don't Look Any Further" featuring new verses by Lil' Kim and B.I.G. as well as a verse from Lil' Cease. "Get Money" became the group's biggest hit, peaking at 17 on the Billboard 100 and was certified platinum by the RIAA on July 9, 1996 for sales of over 1 million copies. It ranked 89th in Billboard's Top Hot 100 Hits of 1996, reached 17th in the Hot 100 and number 1 for Hot Rap Singles.

No comments: